Monday, October 1, 2007

Its OCTOBER?!

Today when I got into the office, I happened to look over at my bulletin board and noticed that my September youth calendar is out of date. Yes, that's right, it is October! How did that happen? I am not sure. Time flies when you are having fun, I suppose.

So, since it is now a new month, I ripped off the September calendar to reveal the new October calendar underneath. Wow...we have a lot of fun stuff coming up! I bet we will blink and October will be over as well. So, we better enjoy it while we can!

Our Fall Retreat is almost upon us! The deadline to sign up in on Tuesday, so be sure to do so! We still have a few spots open, so feel free to invite friends, too! Cost is only $50! We will be headed to Lake Williamson in Carlinville the weekend of Oct. 26-28th. Believe me, you won't want to miss this awesome retreat - AND you get a cool t-shirt! What could be better!? Sign up on the FourTwelve bulletin board!

What else is going on this month? Well, here is what we are doing for UMYF in October:
  • Oct. 7 - Dinner and a movie - 3:30-6:00
  • Oct. 14 - Haunted Corn Maize - 7:00-9:00
  • Oct. 21 - Open Gym - 3:30-5:00
  • Oct. 28 - No UMYF (Fall Retreat Weekend)

I hope that we will see you around a lot in October! Its going to be a fantastic month to be a part of FourTwelve!

1 comment:

The General said...

Ah, Yorkville. It's grown into a different city since I lived there. Sheridan isn't too far away, we used to canoe there back in the day. You'll probably come up on 71. 47 is wheremost of the action is.

There's a coffee shop like Atlanta Bread Copmany (the name has escaped me!) at 47 & 34 by Jewel. There's a pub downtown on 47 aka Bridge street, just before the bridge northbound, called "Kendall Pub" - excellent food and atmosphere (you can play bags in the back! My future bro-in-law plays in tournaments there!). A nice place for a nice dinner is Blackstone Grill, off 34 & McHugh. There's really not a whole lot to do there. I would recomend Chicago!

Silver Springs State Park is REALLY pretty, esp. in the fall, and there is a spring there that has green plants all year 'round. Beautiful hiking trails, wildlife -- it's where I spend most of my early years. When we were really bored, my group of friends would hike out there.

Enjoy! Naperville also has some cool stuff, like a riverwalk and a downtown area that's out of a tourist guide with really nifty places to eat + history. It's a 20 minute ride from Y-ville aka Dorkville. :)