Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Learning Experience

Things I've learned since moving to Alton:

  • Illinois drivers are much better than Atlantan drivers
  • The tallest man in the world, Mr. Robert Wadlow, was indeed VERY tall - I sat in his chair
  • The Piasa bird is really interesting and a BIG deal around these parts
  • The River Road is gorgeous - gotta love those bluffs
  • It is very possible to get lost on the way from Alton to St. Louis
  • Main Street has a cappuccino machine...and that is awesome
  • There are way more historical things that happened in Alton than one would think
  • The area of Alton that I live in is called "Pietown"
  • Happily, we found a Jimmy Johns here...delicious
  • The Tropical Sno down the street from my house is just as fantastic as the ones I had when I was a kid
  • Encounter is great
  • I am fascinated to live in a river town
  • Miles Davis was born here - hello, that is awesome!
  • And Illinois rocks so much harder than Georgia

No comments: